The Angel's Game

It is a novel by the Spanish author Carlos Ruiz Zafon. And just to let you all know, he is amazing. I have previously read The Shadow of the Wind and that was set in the magical Barcelona. That story followed the life of a young boy searching for an author. However The Angel's Game, which was set up as a prequel, followed the life of an author looking for answers.

I loved every page of the novel. It follows the life of David Martin who lives his life in the dumps only able to survive thanks to the help of his rich friend Don Pedro Vidal. Yet when a mysterious publisher turns up, he begins to un-earth a lot of deep hidden secrets.

The story was extremely intense and even when I finished the novel there were so many questions that were left unanswered. It is filled with mystery and what can only be described as a form of magic. And there are even elements of a great thriller in there.

Mum bought me this book over a year ago because I loved The Shadow of the Wind so much, and I am really glad that I finally read it.

It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment