Book Challenge

So I saw this thing on Facebook blah blah blah and then a list of books and you see how many you had read. This list is from the BBC so I feel pretty proud of myself that before I am legally considered to be an adult, I have read 10/100.

That is 10% of the books.

I thought about making myself read all of the 100 books. And I am going to. But I also felt that it needed a cool name, like 100 books in 100 years (cause I can't read a book in a day or something) however I don't think that biologically have that long.

So I am just going to have this challenge that I need to complete. I won't post all hundred of the books but I will post the ten I have already read:
1) The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (7 books only count as 1, wtf)
2) His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
3) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
4) The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
5) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
6) The Lord of the Flies
7) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
8) Of Mice and Men by John Steinback
9) Hamlet by William Shakespeare (Though there is also a listing for ALL of Shakespeare's works, so I am confused)
10) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl

I think it will take me a few years. I turn 18 in under a month, so maybe by the time I am 25, if I put a good effort in, I can have them all read. If i go in order of the books I have to read Pride and Prejudice.

This is going to be a long 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment