Dramamamamamamama

When ever I speak about my drama work, I tend to ad more "am". It has only happened lately, but I believe that it helps to show how creative and unusual I am. Actually I made a folder on my hotmail account for my drama work and kept typing the "a" and "m" keys. It is because I am amazing like that.

I am working on a play called "Hold Upon My Heart". I play a 17 year old boy who is going after a 31 year old woman. It is a lot of fun, but can also be quite intense sometimes. I really need to work on getting into character, and separating it from me. It can be really hard for me because I am only starting out as an actor and while there are some my age who can do this, I struggle. I am still developing this skill where as other skills I believe are furthermore developed and stronger.

I really do enjoy drama because it gives me the opportunity to experience new things and perform new and interesting characters. It is truly enjoyable. I am currently rehearsing a monologue from the play Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dead, which is based upon Hamlet. It is for an audition with ECU for a course I applied for. Drama and Secondary Education. It should be alright.

I'm keen because I like the monologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment